20150412

BEST BRUNCH IN MONTREAL

Last fall, I created a list of my top five favorite cafes in Montreal. It got a really positive response, (not to sound like a medical diagnosis) so I decided to make a list of my top five brunch places. This was also a hard one to make, and there are so many more that I wanted to mention. I would love to hear about your brunch spots because I'm always on the hunt for the best eggs benedict.

1. Lawrence
lawrence montreal brunch

best brunch montreal lawrence

lawrence montreal best brunch
photo via my instagram @heydahye

Not to sound like a food snob, but I'm going to sound like a food snob, I've been to a lot of brunch places. Even compared to some popular spots in NYC and London, I still am loyal to Lawrence as my favorite brunch place. The neighborhood atmosphere, the large portions, and simply everything on the menu is good.

I recommend: Pig's trotter. I'm not entirely sure which part of the pig is served in this dish, but it's delectable. The only downside is that you might fall asleep for the rest of the day, but napping is what Sunday is about, right? But also, the pancakes. and the english breakfast. okay I'll stop.

5201 boul. St-Laurent
Facebook here.

2. Le Cartet

le cartet montreal best brunch
photo via lecartet.com


This place is really cute. And for some reason, everybody here is dressed super well which is always a plus for the overall atmosphere. This is a more expeez brunch option, but definitely worth the treat from time to time. Be ready for a line-up.

I recommend: brunch de l'atlantique. It also comes with a fabulous portion of fruits. This is my fave place for eggs benedict. The toasted coconut bread is also major yums.

106 Rue Mcgill. Facebook here.

3. Suwu

suwu montreal best brunch

photo via missadri.net

I never realized how pretty the decor of Suwu is, because I usually come here at night when it's a bar. But their brunch menu is really good, and they serve big portions.

I recommend: forgot what it was called, but it's the breakfast chicken burger. idk, it's not really brunch but there is a fried egg on it, so now it is brunch. But you might want to go for the classic english breakfast because it's served on a silver platter, and it kind of makes you feel really special for a bit.

3581 St-Laurent. Facebook here.

4. Leméac

lemeac montreal best brunch
photo via my ig @heydahye

best brunch montreal lemeac

Okay, so this place is pretty darn fancy for brunch. The crowd is posh and the Paris vibe is real. I do prefer a more cozier brunch place, but their food is pretty darn good.

I recommend: smoked salmon, poached egg on blinis. Can someone tell me what blinis is? Also, sharing a bowl of their jelly-filled doughnuts is a good idea.

1045 Laurier ouest
Facebook here.

5. Arts Café

arts cafe montreal best brunch

best brunch montreal arts cafe
photo via IG @inayali 

I think this may have been the first brunch place i've even been to when I moved to Montreal. The interior is very artsy (duh) and the menu has a lot of unique dishes.

I recommend: the waffles.

201 Fairmount
Facebook here.

2 comments

Alejandra said...

So pretty dear!
As a interior designer, I love this post! Fantastic pics:)
HAPPY SUNDAY
xoxo
http://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com.es

Winscribbles said...

wow all these places look great! And the photos are awesome :)

xx
smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

Hey Dahye ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger